Thursday, August 11, 2011

20 Weeks

Monday we had a perfect 20 week appointment!  We went with Kate, our ultrasound tech, to the back to see our little one.  Wow was there lots of movement, Katie said it's like playing tag :)  She was amazing, going through each part of the baby telling us what she was looking for and what she saw.  Babies brain, heart (all 4 chambers), diaphragm, kidneys, bladder and then arm/leg bone measurements were perfect!  Katie said everything looked great for me too with the placenta and umbilical cord.  We got the best picture of babies little lips and nose, Katie was excited because she could rule out cleft pallet, but we were excited to see those perfect little features!  Afterward we met with Noreen, on of the midwives at our practice, and she brought us back to go through all the results, she gave us an A+.  We talked a little about labor and she recommended the Bradley class so I am looking into that now.  She also told us a lot about the hospital and their practices, all in line with what we want!  After our long talk we got to hear the heartbeat again, so perfect, and left with big smiles!

I can't believe we are halfway, I am excited to be halfway to meeting our little Juju but nervous that we are already halfway done.  We finally got to order our nursery furniture and will be ready to paint as soon as we have our Reveal so at least baby will have a room :)



Baby is measuring at the size of a Cantaloupe this week!  

"
Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid."

How far along? 20 weeks and 5 days today.

Maternity clothes? We are making a trip to the Motherhood outlet this weekend to try to pick up a few more things.

Stretch marks? Still none yet, keep 'em crossed! 

Sleep? The tossing and turning isn't stopping but I have also started waking up to use the restroom and my brain starts going and can't stop.  Come on sleep I need you now :)

Best moment this week? Seeing such a healthy active baby and hearing a strong heartbeat at our 20 week ultrasound!

Food cravings: Boneless buffalo wings, it FOOTBALL season!

Movement? Lots more movement and Danny even felt a little something.  I have tried a couple times since to call him over when I am feelings lots of movement but it always stops when you put your hand on my tummy.

What I miss? Not having a stuffy nose :)

What I'm looking forward to: Our big Reveal party with the family on the 19th...I just can't wait :)

Milestones: We are over halfway to seeing our little Juju bean!!

1 comment:

  1. So awesome Stef!!! You're half way there! It goes by quick, except the last 5-8 weeks, those DRAG on :-( I love, love, love the belly pic, more please!! You look beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete