Thursday, November 10, 2011

33 Weeks

We had our 33/34 week appointment this week and came out of it with an A+, after the past couple crazy ones that was a huge relief.  Our little one is measuring right on track, her heartbeat was still at 140 and little to no Braxton Hicks this time!  We also talked about birthing classes (check- doing them Saturday), Infant First Aid/CPR classes (check- Dec. 10th class) and Pediatricians (check - I already interviewed and decided on Brae's Dr), so we were all set and ahead of schedule! 

We also put everything from the baby shower away in her room, started washing clothes and set up the travel system.  We are planning on getting the car seat installed after the Holidays and the hospital bags are being packed, just about finished just some last minute things to pick up.  I started on my birth plan but I go back and forth on what's really important to include when all I really want is my little girl out safe and sound.  The lists are getting smaller and smaller, YAY!

Baby is measuring at the size of a Honeydew Melon this week!
"Things are heating up inside as well: Baby may grow up to a full inch this week alone, and her brain is developing like crazy. Pretty soon, she'll be able to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. Also, her bones are hardening, and she's started to keep his eyes open when she's awake"

How far along? 33 weeks and 5 days.

Maternity clothes? Still squeezing into the ones I bought before, on a more fun clothing note - we have started washing teeny tiny baby clothes!

Stretch marks? We haven't gotten any worse on this but no better either, hoping to stick with the small hip marks. 

Sleep? Getting a little worse with the bouts of insomnia, I just cannot shut my brain off!

Best moment this week? My shower was the best, but since I am devoting an entire post to this soon I won't give anything away.  The second best was going to Babies R Us with Danny and picking up the rest of the necessary supplies to bring our little girl home!  

Food cravings: Still none, my Midwife suggested some tea (I was trying to go caffeine free, I wasn't thrilled) to curb the headaches so I have been having a glass most mornings. 

Movement? Her little limbs are getting bigger and bigger and I can feel them pushing harder.  She is still head down, YAY, and hopefully won't move before the big day.  Her back is around my left side and her little feet are up near my ribs (ouch!), or so says Wendy the midwife :)

What I miss? I have been really missing sushi and wine again this week, I blame it on Danny because he keeps talking about sushi!
 
What I'm looking forward to: I have been thinking more and more about actual life with her and I think this week I have been getting more excited than nervous.  Don't get me wrong, still pretty terrified, but I just imagine all the little moments we will have together as a family and it makes me feel way better!

Milestones: I just found out that they won't stop labor after the 34th week but since she isn't considered full term yet that milestone almost makes me more nervous that excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment